Let us be your classroom!
Field trips let teachers and students explore classroom concepts in a fun hands-on environment!
Leave the desks behind!
A field trip to your Mid-Michigan Children’s Museum will help you apply Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations and Common Core State Standards to real-world museum adventures. Kiddos will explore, learn, and create in an environment dedicated to supporting your teaching with hands-on experiences. And if you can’t come to us, we offer many of our in-house lessons as traveling extension lessons.
Check out a sample of our field trips and extension lessons!
Our engaging, hands-on science programs utilize our galleries and address the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations and Common Core State Standards for children up to 10 years of age.
- 2nd Grader Are 1st Class field trip – Give second graders a chance to build and apply knowledge, problem solve, and think critically as they learn the unique properties of air and water through our hands-on, interactive galleries! This carefully crafted “learning expedition” cannot be duplicated in any classroom and is tailored to the Michigan Common Core standards. It positions second-graders at the very beginning of the STEM talent pipeline. Scholarships may be available.
- Common Cents field trip – Common Cents Financial Field Trips sponsored by Huntington provide financial literacy learning opportunities to elementary school-aged children. Local Huntington employees will be on site to help students practice basic math and financial skills though fun, creative activities. Scholarships may be available.
- Get Up and Grow lesson – Explore and examine the needs of a plant, piece together a flower from petal to stamen, and take home your own seedling to plant. This lesson is customizable to your class’ grade level.
- Playful Polymer lesson – Make your own ooey gooey slime and learn about how much fun polymers can be! Students learn what exactly a polymer is, the properties of polymers, and how polymers move. This lesson is customizable to your class’ grade level.
- And more! Click here to download our Field Trip brochure or here for our list of extension lessons.
Contact email@example.com or call (989) 399-6626 for more information or to schedule a field trip. Don’t forget, generous donors have made money available for field trip scholarship assistance. Ask us if your school qualifies.
LEARN MORE! CHECK OUT THESE RESOURCES: